News and Upcoming Events
We are now full for this year. The program got off to a great start and its good to see so many returning faces. Hopefully many of you will make it out to our upcoming family skate and pizza party. There will be a raffle which for which we are still looking for prizes. If you have anything which you wish to donate please drop it off with one of the executive. Siblings and parents are welcome to skate with an additional $2 charge for pizza for siblings.
Please see the page titled “About” for more information about the program.
New for this year we are offering a 50% discount if you register your child for both sessions (Wed and Thu). Only $215 for 36 skates.
Program A Wednesday After School 4:40-5:30 pm
Program B Thursday After School 4:40-5:30 pm
$140 for 18 weeks. If you register your child in more than one session, the second session is half price. ($70)
All programs run out of Appleby Arena.
The first session is on October 16th and 17th respectively for Wed and Thu, runs for 18 weeks with a two week break at Christmas.
Benefits of all Burlington Small Fry Skating Programs
- 50 minute sessions.
- Affordable fees.
- Parent participation.
- Skill Advancement until Christmas break from beginners, pre-gliders, gliders, figures and hockey.
- Babysitting of siblings while volunteering.
- Holiday season break.
- Photo Day (with additional fees)
- Year-end Show where the skaters show off their skating skills to their family and friends.
Important! Information About Burlington Small Frys
- All programs and special events are held at Appleby Arena.
- All skaters must wear a CSA approved helmet with face shield or cage.
- Only single blade skates are allowed on the ice.
- Layered dressing is recommended with Nylon pants, mittens or gloves to keep the little ones warm and dry. Knee and elbow pads are also recommended for beginner skaters.
Note: Skaters who are not wearing the proper helmet or dressed inappropriately will not be allowed on the ice.
Burlington Small fry skating is one of the best places in Burlington for your child to learn to ice skate. Be sure to register your child early as spaces fill up quickly. Our small fry ice skating has helped so many children take their first steps on to the ice.
Please read Handbook 2013-14 for more information.