News and Upcoming Events
The theme for the End of Year Carnival is Angry Birds!
Early Registration for next year 2013-14 is extended until Febuary 28th. Everyone who registers early will be entered into a draw to have their registration fee reimbursed. There is also a $15 discount on next years skating. New for this year we are offering a 50% discount if you register your child for two sessions. Only $195 for 36 skates.
4 One Day/Week Programs Offered
Program A Tuesday Afternoon 1.30-2.20pm
Program B Wednesday Morning 10:00-10:50 am
Program C Wednesday After School 4:30-5:20 pm
Program D Thursday After School 4:40-5:30 pm
$140 for 18 weeks. Register before the end of February and receive a $15 discount. Also if you register your child in more than one session, the second session is half price. ($70)
All programs run out of Appleby Arena.
The following is a list of Executive positions which receive one free registration. If you are interested in a free registration for next year please contact us via the website.
Vice-President (one per day) – oversee individual program, delegate as required, communicate with executive, co-ordinate the staffing of the information table, confirm permits with City of Burlington (still required for Program C and D)
Volunteer Coordinator (one per day)
Events/Fundraising Coordinator (one per day)
Secretary (one for the program) Keeps participant lists updated and emails communications.
On-Ice Leaders (Four per session)
Ice Captains (One per session)
Benefits of all Burlington Small Fry Skating Programs
- 50 minute sessions.
- Affordable fees.
- Parent participation.
- Skill Advancement until Christmas break from beginners, pre-gliders, gliders, figures and hockey.
- Babysitting of siblings while volunteering.
- Holiday season break.
- Photo Day (with additional fees)
- Year-end Show where the skaters show off their skating skills to their family and friends.
Important! Information About Burlington Small Frys
- All programs and special events are held at Appleby Arena.
- All skaters must wear a CSA approved helmet with face shield or cage.
- Only single blade skates are allowed on the ice.
- Layered dressing is recommended with Nylon pants, mittens or gloves to keep the little ones warm and dry. Knee and elbow pads are also recommended for beginner skaters.
Note: Skaters who are not wearing the proper helmet or dressed inappropriately will not be allowed on the ice.
Burlington Small fry skating is one of the best places in Burlington for your child to learn to ice skate. Be sure to register your child early as spaces fill up quickly. Our small fry ice skating has helped so many children take their first steps on to the ice.
Please read handbook for more information.